4 DAYS MOUNT KENYA CLIMBING NARO MORU | SIRIMON ROUTE
Start and end in Nairobi! With the 4 Days Mount Kenya Climbing Naro Moru Sirimon Route , you have a 4 days climbing package taking you through Nairobi, Kenya and Mount Kenya (Naro Moru and Sirimon Routes). The 4 Days Mount Kenya Climbing Naro Moru Sirimon Route includes accommodation, an expert guide, meals, transport and so much more.
4 DAYS MOUNT KENYA CLIMBING NARO MORU SIRIMON ROUTE; ITINERARY HIGHLIGHTS:
DAY 1: Departure Nairobi -Met station ( 3,050 m )
DAY 2: Departure Met Station – Mackinders camp (4,300m)
DAY 3: Departure Mackinders (4,300m) – Pt Lenana (4,985m) – Old Moses camp (685m)
DAY 4: Departure Old Moses (3,300m) – Nairobi
Nairobi -Met station ( 3,050 m )
In this 4 days mount Kenya climbing Naro Moru Sirimon Route you will be picked up in Nairobi and drive to the Naro moru park gate for lunch. From the gate, we trek up thro magnificent montane forest, bamboo and giant heather zone before reaching the high altitude moorland and our first cabins( Met Station) for dinner and overnight.
This is a gentle trek that takes 3 – 4 hrs gaining an elevation of 600m.
Met Station – Mackinders camp (4,300m)
A short walk to the end of the forest line from where you hike across the marshy vertical bog of the lower moorlands. Picnic lunch at the Picnic Rocks before continuing further to Mackinders camp, gaining 1300m in altitude in about 5 hours. Dinner and overnight Mackinders camp (4300m). Dinner and overnight at the camp.
Mackinders (4,300m) – Pt Lenana (4,985m) – Old Moses camp (685m)
Leave at 0300 hrs for predawn summit attempt, trekking for 3-4 hours across bare rock and scree slopes characteristic of the alpine region up to Pt. Lenana (4985m), the hikers summit, arriving in time to catch the African sunrise. Later descend to Shiptons camp (Sirimon route) for breakfast. After breakfast, begin a 5 hour descent via Mackinder`s valley to the Old Moses camp (3,300m). The descent is gentle and it offers ample time to enjoy fascinating scenery which includes the moorlands before reaching thecamp. Dinner and overnight at Old Moses camp https://www.timbuktutravel.com/lodge/old-moses-mountain-camp
Old Moses (3,300m) – Nairobi
After early morning breakfast, descend for 3 hours through the rain forest to the Sirimon Park gate to catch a vehicle for the return journey to Nairobi arriving early evening.
You may have a look at this package https://www.safarisinkenya.co.ke/5-days-mount-kenya-climbing-sirimon-chogoria-route/
COST OF SAFARI
The cost of this Mount Kenya Climbing Naro Moru Sirimon Route will vary depending on date of travel, type of accommodation, transport mode and number of people on the safari.
Please contact us on email email@example.com or phone +254 721 778 636 or and we shall get back to you within the shortest time possible.
4 DAYS MOUNT KENYA CLIMBING NARO MORU SIRIMON ROUTE INCLUDES & EXCLUDES
Included in the Safari Cost
- Arrival & Departure airport transfers complementary to all our clients.
- Transportation as per itinerary.
- Accommodation per itinerary or similar with a request to all our clients.
- Mount Kenya National Park rescue fees
- Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
- Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
- Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters and cook
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as hot drinks on the mountain
- Camping equipment (tents, camp chairs, tables & sleeping mattress
- Water for washing up daily
- National park & game reserve entrance fees as per itinerary.
- Excursions & activities as per itinerary with a request
- Mount Kenya National Park certificate for your successful summit attempt
- A comprehensive Climbing Mount Kenya travel info pack
- Flying Doctor Evacuation Service
Excluded in the Safari Cost
- Visas and related costs.
- Personal Taxes.
- Drinks, tips, laundry, telephone calls and other items of a personal nature.
- International flights.
- Optional excursions and activities not listed in the itinerary like Balloon safari, Masai Village.
- Personal hiking/trekking gear – we can rent some of the gear from our equipment store in.
For more information:
Please contact us on email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +254 721 778 636