4 DAYS MOUNT KENYA CLIMBING NARO MORU ROUTE
Start and end in Nairobi! With the 4 Days Mount Kenya Climbing Naro Moru Route, you have a 4 days climbing package taking you through Nairobi, Kenya and Mount Kenya (Naro Moru Route). The 4 Days Mount Kenya Climbing Naro Moru Route includes accommodation, an expert guide, meals, transport and so much more.
DAY 1: Departure Nairobi – Meteorological Station (400m)
DAY 2: Departure Met Station (400m) – Mackinders Camp (1200m)
DAY 3: Departure Mackinders Camp (1200m) – Point Lenana/Met Station (785m)
DAY 4: Departure Met Station (785m) – Nairobi 3hrs, 9km, 400m
Nairobi – Meteorological Station (400m)
Transfer to Naromoru Park Gate for registration and where the hike starts, 2600m From the gate, keep to the park track, which follows the crest of a board ridge between the Northern and Southern Naromoru valleys. The going is easy and it’s a pleasant walking through the forest. About two thirds of the way up after the bridge there are good views to the left north down into the Northern Naromoru valley. The trek ends at Met station 3,000m where dinner and overnight.
Met Station (400m) – Mackinders Camp (1200m)
Head uphill on the track to pass the radio must on your right after about half an hour. The trek runs into a path and after another 30 minutes, you will reach the end of the forest belt and enter the moorland. This is the vertical bog conditions range from damp to glutinous depending on when it last rained. Continue through until the going improves and you reach a fork overlooking Teleki Valley to reach Mackinders Camp, 4,200m. Dinner and overnight at Mackinders Camp.
Mackinders Camp (1200m) – Point Lenana/Met Station (785m)
The normal approach is to start at 2 am in order to reach point Lenana taking about 4 hr walk by sunrise at 6:30am. After sunrise, descend down to Mackinders Camp for breakfast, 2hrs and walk further 4hrs, way back to Met Station for dinner and overnight.
Met Station (785m) – Nairobi 3hrs, 9km, 400m
After breakfast, descend through the rainforest which is 9km to Naromoru Park Gate at 2,600m where you will connect with your transport back to Nairobi
COST OF SAFARI
The cost of this safari will vary depending on date of travel, type of accommodation, transport mode and number of people on the safari.
Please contact us on email email@example.com or phone +254 721 778 636 or and we shall get back to you within the shortest time possible.
INCLUDES & EXCLUDES
Included in the Safari Cost
- Arrival & Departure airport transfers complementary to all our clients.
- Transportation as per itinerary.
- Accommodation per itinerary or similar with a request to all our clients.
- Mount Kenya National Park rescue fees
- Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
- Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
- Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters and cook
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as hot drinks on the mountain
- Camping equipment (tents, camp chairs, tables & sleeping mattress
- Water for washing up daily
- National park & game reserve entrance fees as per itinerary.
- Excursions & activities as per itinerary with a request
- Mount Kenya National Park certificate for your successful summit attempt
- A comprehensive Climbing Mount Kenya travel info pack
- Flying Doctor Evacuation Service
Excluded in the Safari Cost
- Visas and related costs.
- Personal Taxes.
- Drinks, tips, laundry, telephone calls and other items of a personal nature.
- International flights.
- Optional excursions and activities not listed in the itinerary like Balloon safari, Masai Village.
- Personal hiking/trekking gear – we can rent some of the gear from our equipment store in.
For more information:
Please contact us on email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +254 721 778 636