4 DAYS MOUNT KENYA CLIMBING CHOGORIA | SIRIMON ROUTE
Start and end in Nairobi! With the 4 Days Mount Kenya Climbing Chogoria | Sirimon Route , you have a 4 days climbing package taking you through Nairobi, Kenya and Mount Kenya (Chogoria and Sirimon Routes). The 4 Days Mount Kenya Climbing Chogoria | Sirimon Route includes accommodation, an expert guide, meals, transport and so much more.
DAY 1: Departure Nairobi – Mt Kenya Bandas (2,900m)
DAY 2: Departure Mt Kenya Bandas (2,900m) – Minto`s campsite ( 4,200m)
DAY 3: Departure Minto`s ( 4,200m) – Pt Lenana ( 4,985m) Judmiere Camp (3,300m)
DAY 4: Departure Judmiere Camp – Nairobi
Nairobi – Mt Kenya Bandas (2,900m)
After pick up in Nairobi, we drive through agricultural country up to Chogoria town for lunch. After lunch, we take 4×4 and drive up to the edge of the bamboo forest where we start our trek through the dense bamboo forest for distance of 10 km up to the Mt Kenya Bandas. Dinner and overnight at the Mount Kenya Bandas. (3000m)
Mt Kenya Bandas (2,900m) – Minto`s campsite ( 4,200m)
Today you commence early for a long trek on a wide track through the forest, with occasional sightings of elephant, bushbuck, buffalo and impala. Emerging from the forest, you walk through heather before crossing the Nithi River to reach the moorlands from where you can enjoy good views of the picturesque Gorges Valley, the Temple, lakes, mushroom rocks, billiards table and the high peaks. Total walking time approx. 8 hours, picnic lunch en route.
Minto`s ( 4,200m) – Pt Lenana ( 4,985m) Judmiere Camp (3,300m)
Predawn attempt of the summit starts at 0300hrs and you hike for about three hours up to point Lenana (4,985m), the hikers summit, arriving there for the African sunrise. Descend Shipton`s camp for breafast. After breakfast, begin a 5 hour descent via Mackinder`s valley to the Judmiere camp. ( 3,300m) The descent is gentle and it offers ample time to enjoy fascinating scenery which includes the moorlands before reaching the camp. Dinner and overnight at judmiere camp.
Judmiere Camp – Nairobi
After early morning breakfast, descend for 3 hours to the Sirimon Park gate to catch a vehicle for the return journey to Nairobi arriving by 1700hrs.
COST OF SAFARI
The cost of this safari will vary depending on date of travel, type of accommodation, transport mode and number of people on the safari.
Please contact us on email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +254 721 778 636 or and we shall get back to you within the shortest time possible.
INCLUDES & EXCLUDES
Included in the Safari Cost
- Arrival & Departure airport transfers complementary to all our clients.
- Transportation as per itinerary.
- Accommodation per itinerary or similar with a request to all our clients.
- Mount Kenya National Park rescue fees
- Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
- Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
- Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters and cook
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as hot drinks on the mountain
- Camping equipment (tents, camp chairs, tables & sleeping mattress
- Water for washing up daily
- National park & game reserve entrance fees as per itinerary.
- Excursions & activities as per itinerary with a request
- Mount Kenya National Park certificate for your successful summit attempt
- A comprehensive Climbing Mount Kenya travel info pack
- Flying Doctor Evacuation Service
Excluded in the Safari Cost
- Visas and related costs.
- Personal Taxes.
- Drinks, tips, laundry, telephone calls and other items of a personal nature.
- International flights.
- Optional excursions and activities not listed in the itinerary like Balloon safari, Masai Village.
- Personal hiking/trekking gear – we can rent some of the gear from our equipment store in.
For more information:
Please contact us on email email@example.com or phone +254 721 778 636